Alabama's Chapter of the Choose Life Movement
You may have played a driving game when you were younger in which you looked for license plates from the state furthest away.
In 1996, Randy Harris, a county commissioner in Florida, saw something else when he noticed car tags on the road: an opportunity.
As a pro-life advocate, Randy knew that getting the message out would take more than just wishful thinking. It would take visibility and word of mouth – and the vehicles around him on the road offered just that.
That moment was when Choose Life license plates were born. In 2000, the first plate was approved in Florida. Since then, the movement has spread to 33 states and the District of Columbia, and has raised millions for the fight for unborn life.
Choose Life Alabama’s Mission and Beliefs
Choose Life Alabama is proud to be among the ranks of pro-life advocates who want to bring more unborn children into the world. Officially called the Alabama Pro-Life Coalition Education Fund, Choose Life Alabama takes resources gathered from selling the Choose Life tag to assist adoption agencies, pregnancy resource centers, and other life-affirming partners.
Our statement of faith is as follows:
- The Holy Scriptures as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy and the only supreme authority in all matters of faith and content.
- One God, eternally existent in all three person: Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Our Lord Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, His virgin birth, His sinless human life, His divine miracles, His bodily resurrection, His ascension, His mediatorial work, and His personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful man thought the shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ by faith, apart from works, and regeneration by the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the believer is enabled to live a holy life to witness and work for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The unity in the Spirit of all true believers, the Church, the Body of Christ; the Resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost into the resurrection of damnation.
- Adam and Eve’s union as man and woman modeled God’s design for marriage and perpetually stands as God’s loving and righteous will for human sexual intimacy. Sex outside the marriage relationship as designed by God, is condemned by Him.
- God created man and woman in His image and likeness and that physical life is His sovereign gift and blessing to mankind. All human life is sacred and the deliberate killing of the unborn, the sick, disabled, or elderly is an abomination before God.
Because of our faith, we feel compelled to act – and it takes an entire community to protect unborn children. When you purchase a Choose Life license plate, you are showing the world your proud membership in that community – one that spans an entire country, from sea to shining sea.
We invite you to join us and showcase your beliefs where everyone can see them: your vehicle.